Dear Patients, Families, and Friends:
Thank you for your patience through our continued Recovery Period – things certainly are different in the office this summer as we continue to follow all CDC and Pennsylvania Dental Association guidelines for aerosol-generating procedures. However, while we definitely miss the interaction with our extended patient families as we limit office visits to patients only for health and safety precautions, I am so happy and proud to tell you how wonderfully all of our patients have been doing with the new processes and procedures! As a mom myself, I can absolutely relate to some of the nerves that might be involved from a parent’s perspective, but we have been blown away by the maturity, adaptability and calmness of our patients during this time, especially our younger patients! If requested, we are also happy to virtually include parents or guardians in your child’s visit through FaceTime on our office iPad or iPhone, which keeps you with your child through every step of the appointment!
Since current health and safety precautions limit the number of patient appointments and more time is needed between appointments for increased disinfection, we encourage you to utilize our troubleshooting videos for minor irritations and common SOS needs, and remember that proper brushing, flossing, and following of your treatment plan will also keep on track and prevent you from needing to come in outside of your regularly scheduled appointments. We encourage you to text photos to our office number (717) 533-7400 for triage and troubleshooting advice. Regarding observation appointments, retainer checks or evaluation appointments, we may direct you to our Smile Snap program (found here on our website) for virtual assistance.
What To Do Before You Arrive
- Brush your teeth at home. Our tooth brushing station is currently closed.
- Wear a mask, bandana, or scarf to your appointment. You/your child will not be admitted to the office if you are not wearing your own.
- Do not drink anything cold or hot before you arrive. We will be checking patient temperatures with a forehead scanner to determine if you have a fever of 100.4 or greater. If you should feel poorly or have a temperature, we will reschedule your appointment.
- We ask that you delay your appointment for two weeks after returning from a COVID hot spot: please pay close attention to the recommendations of Governor Wolf regarding self-quarantine.
- Upon arrival, park your vehicle in one of the numbered patient parking spaces marked with Korch Orthodontics signage. Next, text the office phone number to let us know you are here and your parking stall number. We will record your mobile number and call or text you back when we are ready for you/your child’s appointment to begin.
- Please stay in your car and our Korch Concierge will meet you at your vehicle to ask the parent/guardian some Wellness questions and sign the Wellness form.
- A signed Supplemental Consent to Treat form must be on file, or the appointment will be rescheduled. This information will be provided to you 24-48 hours before your appointment.
- The patient must wear a mask, bandana, or scarf covering the nose and mouth into the office and during all times except when they are being worked on.
- We ask that only the scheduled patient enter the office for the appointment. If your child is fearful, we will arrange a FaceTime for the entire appointment.
- We will escort you/your child to the Patient Prep Station, where we will record patient temperature and provide hand sanitizer. Our concierge will direct the patient to the dental chair to rinse with Peroxyl or Listerine anti-bacterial mouthwash for one minute.
- In adherence to social distancing protocols, our waiting room and patient bathrooms are closed.
We absolutely want to set the bar in delivering excellence in the “new normal,” and communication is the key. Check out this video for a step-by-step preview of what you can expect at your next appointment.
We can’t thank you enough for your support and cooperation during this difficult and unprecedented period. We will be praying for your safety and well being in the interim, and can’t wait to see you back in the office soon!
Warm regards, Dr. Susan Korch & Team