Dear Patients, Families, and Friends:
We are so thrilled that soon, we will all be able to smile together! As dental care in PA with non-aerosol procedures begins to be permitted, we want to share our current plan for reopening and getting appointments scheduled. The main thing that we want to convey is that we are going to make this process as easy for you as possible and hope to remove at least one stressor from your day!
ALL existing appointments with our office are cancelled. Our team started making calls to reschedule appointments and started seeing patients on Tuesday, May 19, 2020. We know that everyone will be eager to come in as quickly as possible (and we are eager to see you, as well), but we are going to order our schedule of appointments on a “first cancelled-first rescheduled” basis as opposed to “picking up where we left off.” Because of the reopening safety guidelines, this temporarily limits the number of patients we can see per day, the number of team members in the office, and the inability for us to accommodate anyone besides the patient in the office. Thus, we ask your cooperation in allowing our team to contact you to reschedule, instead of calling our office.
There will be “procedural changes” that you’ll note at your next visit.
What To Do Before You Arrive
- Brush your teeth at home. Our tooth brushing station is currently closed.
- Wear a mask, bandana, or scarf to your appointment. You/your child will not be admitted to the office if you are not wearing your own.
- Do not drink anything cold or hot before you arrive. We will be checking patient temperatures with a forehead scanner to determine if you have a fever of 100.4 or greater. If you should feel poorly or have a temperature, we will reschedule your appointment.
- Upon arrival, park your vehicle in one of the numbered patient parking spaces marked with Korch Orthodontics signage. Next, text the office phone number to let us know you are here and your parking stall number. We will record your mobile number and call or text you back when we are ready for you/your child’s appointment to begin.
- Please stay in your car and our Korch Concierge will meet you at your vehicle to ask the parent/guardian some Wellness questions and sign the Wellness form.
- A signed Supplemental Consent to Treat form must be on file, or the appointment will be rescheduled. This information will be provided to you 24-48 hours before your appointment.
- The patient must wear a mask, bandana, or scarf covering the nose and mouth into the office and during all times except when they are being worked on.
- We ask that only the scheduled patient enter the office for the appointment. If your child is fearful, we will arrange a facetime for the entire appointment.
- We will escort you/your child to the Patient Prep Station, where we will record patient temperature and provide hand sanitizer. Our concierge will direct the patient to the dental chair to rinse with Peroxyl or Listerine anti-bacterial mouthwash for one minute.
- In adherence to social distancing protocols, our waiting room and patient bathrooms are closed.
We absolutely want to set the bar in delivering excellence in the “new normal,” and communication is going to be the key. Check out this Welcome Back video for a step-by-step preview of what you can expect at your next appointment.
We can’t thank you enough for your support and cooperation during this difficult and unprecedented period. We will be praying for your safety and well being in the interim, and can’t wait to see you back in the office soon!
Warm regards, Dr. Susan Korch & Team